With the holidays quickly approaching and being in a long distance relationship, I’m doing a lot of traveling in the next six weeks with four round-trip flights. Since I will be at the airport a lot due to all these flights, I thought I would write about my must-have travel essentials!
1. Blanket scarf – I don’t know about y’all but I’m basically always cold so here comes the handy dandy blanket scarf! I’ll be traveling up to Kansas City and Chicago where it is a lot colder than Houston so a blanket scarf is a necessity to keep me warm both in the airport and while out and about. I recently went to Target and stocked up on four new blanket scarves from their dollar section!
2. iPad – I have a slight addiction to Netflix so I always make sure to stock up my Netflix downloads to watch while on the plane. It honestly makes the flight go by faster because you are so focused on the show instead of the flight. My go-to’s are Parks and Rec, Riverdale, and Gossip Girl!
3. Book – On my last flight, I finished Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and I realized how much I missed reading. Whether the book is on my iPad or I have a physical copy, I like to have something to read in case I don’t want to watch Netflix! It’s also a nice break from looking at a screen all day if I bring the physical copy. The next book on my list is The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.
4. Smartwater – Whenever I’m at the airport, I always have to get Smartwater. Blame it on my old job at Disney but SmartWater > basically any other water. I feel super boujee when I drink Smartwater and I have no shame about that.
5. Snacks – If you know me in real life, you’ll know that I love snack foods. I’m the kind of person who’d rather snack throughout the day than eat real meals. Sometimes I bring snacks from home and sometimes I buy some at the airport but I just hate how expensive it is. My favorite airport snacks are Skittles and Ritz Bits Cheese!
6. Comfy clothes – I honestly don’t get how people wear jeans on an airplane. I like to be comfy while traveling whether it be by plane, train, or automobile. My usual traveling outfit is my comfiest leggings, a v-neck t-shirt, a flannel or cardigan, and easy to remove shoes.